WELCOME TO THE LINCOLN HEIGHTS NEIGHBORHOOD.
Next meeting is January 20th, 7 PM at Southside Senior and Activity Center, 27th & Ray
- We’ll discuss our Spring cleanup, also how we can participate in Lincoln Heights District Center planning. Check back for further details as we get closer to the meeting date.
The City’s Forest Spokane project has funded 3 tree projects in Lincoln Heights. More than 30 large trees (6-14′) were planted along the SE Blvd parkway, and on the 35th Ave Greenway. On Saturday, November 8th, 20+ neighbors turned out to add mulch to the new trees. Lincoln Heights Garden Club supplied and planted a variety of spring bulbs. SusieForest provided snacks and offered suggestions for adopting a newly planted tree and making it part of family rituals – bird feeding, xmas decorating, etc.
Neighbors adjacent to the plantings have volunteered to water the trees in warm weather, until these native trees are well-established.
LHNC is grateful to the City for the award, and to can-do neighbors who partnered on this project.
Minutes from recent meetings are posted below:
- Minutes from Nov 18th meeting are here: Nov 2014 minutes
- Minutes from Sept 16th meeting are here: Sept 2014 minutes
- Minutes from July 15th meeting are here: July 2014 minutes
- Minutes from May 20th meeting are here: May 2014 minutes
- Minutes from March 18th meeting are here: March 2014 minutes
- Report on Nov 20th, 2013 District Center Planning Workshop here: spokaneplanning.org (Scroll down to Lincoln Heights District Center – see survey link).
LHNC meetings are every other month: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, Nov, on the 3rd Tuesday of the month. Dump passes ($40 value) will be available for distribution again in 2015.
Lincoln Heights Neighborhood Council boundaries: