WELCOME TO THE LINCOLN HEIGHTS NEIGHBORHOOD.
Next meeting is November 18th, 7 PM at Southside Senior and Activity Center, 27th & Ray
- Jan Quintrall, head of the City’s Business and Planning Services Division, will discuss planning for Lincoln Heights Business District
- Neighborhood will decide how to spend Community Development Block Grant funds ($29k)
The City’s Forest Spokane project has funded 3 tree projects in Lincoln Heights. More than 30 large trees (6-14′) were planted along the SE Blvd parkway, and on the 35th Ave greenway. On Saturday, November 8th, 20+ neighbors turned out to add mulch to the new trees. Lincoln Heights Garden Club supplied and planted a variety of spring bulbs. SusieForest provided snacks and offered suggestions for adopting a newly planted tree and making it part of family rituals – bird feeding, xmas decorating, etc.
Neighbors adjacent to the plantings have volunteered to water the trees in warm weather, until these native trees are well-established.
LHNC is grateful to the City for the award, and to can-do neighbors who partnered on this project.
- Minutes from Sept 16th meeting are here: Sept 2014 minutes
- Minutes from July 15th meeting are here: July 2014 minutes
- Minutes from May 20th meeting are here: May 2014 minutes
- Minutes from March 18th meeting are here: March 2014 minutes
- Report on Nov 20th, 2013 District Center Planning Workshop here: spokaneplanning.org (Scroll down to Lincoln Heights District Center – see survey link).
LHNC meetings are every other month: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, Nov, on the 3rd Tuesday of the month. Dump passes ($40 value) will be available for distribution again in 2015.
Lincoln Heights Neighborhood Council boundaries: